Tuesday, October 19, 2010

I Turn My Camera On

-Spoon

Day 73 of marriage
Day 6 of blogging?

Is that right?  Yep, I've been slacking.


We, as a married couple, have taken the dive into entrepreneurialism.  Tough word to spell, and tough life to live.  We've started our own photography business, and we're attempting to support ourselves off of only our photography and our music.

What a beautiful life that would be, right?  But it's also scary.

Here are my initial thoughts:

-After working at 7:30 in the morning at a woodworking shop, I find there's nothing more beautiful than waking up, making coffee, and sitting with my wife on a couch - editing pictures together, building a website, designing advertising, or just researching photography techniques.

-It's scary not having a steady source of income.  Winter's coming, and I'm not sure how many people want ice-covered photo shoots for their families.

-However, it's really exciting how many different opportunities we have coming up that are *almost* within reach.

On the whole, it's exciting and scary and rewarding and wonderful and terrifying.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  I am an artist, and now my entire life can be dedicated to two things:  Love and making art with my love.

-Mr.

No comments:

Post a Comment